Rain, rain go away!
Rain, rain go away!
Do you have a collection of weather themed musical activities up your sleeve?
I always think it is worth having a collection of song or rhyme activities that you can call on. In this blog, I’m thinking about the weather, well rain!
There have been many times when I’ve been out on the playground at playtime and it has started raining. I always tried to stay out as long as possible by gathering the children under a shelter, in the hope that the rain would stop, and then we’d sing some songs. It was a fantastic experience and the rain really added to the musical experience. It didn't matter if the children knew the songs or not. So that everyone could join in, I would select an element from the song and encourage all the children to join in with that part. For example, it may be a word, a phrase and or an action. The children loved it!
What rain songs could you sing?
Here is a selection of rain themed songs and rhymes that I sing with the children:
- Rain, rain go away. It is a simple 2 note song that you may already know.
- The rain drops onto my head. I have managed to get 2 to 3 year olds to learn this song as it is simple and repetitive.
- Please open your umbrellas. A great song for listening to the rain sounds.
- Rain is falling down. An enjoyable action song; the children love joining in with the clap on the splash.
- Dr Foster. If the children have the appropriate clothes and wellies let them pretend they’re Dr Foster and splash in the puddles!
All the songs and rhymes above can be found on my Early Years Music Ideas website. Click here to read more about it: https://musicalabc.simplero.com/pages/early-years-music-ideas
You may also like to take a look at 'The Weather' Music Bag. Click here to find out more: >>> https://music-bags.simplyeducated.net/the-weather <<<
Happy music making!
- Baby music (4)
- Celebrations (8)
- Composing Music (2)
- FAQ (3)
- Instruments (2)
- Listening to music (5)
- Live Music (1)
- Mathematics: Number (2)
- Mathematics: Shape, Space and Measure (1)
- Music Area (1)
- Music Time (12)
- Nursery Rhymes (4)
- Outdoor Music (1)
- Performing (2)
- PDP (6)
- Props (10)
- Routines (2)
- Schemas (1)
- Seasons (4)
- Senses (1)
- Sensory (3)
- Singing (14)
- The Importance of Music in the Early Years (5)
- Topics and Themes (8)
- Top Tips (1)
- Vocal Play (1)